Week 1- Holy Spirit
THE HOLY SPIRIT
- As we begin this series on the Holy Spirit, ask the question:
- Who has been baptized in the Spirit?
- Who would like to share how that happened?
- Four Foundational premises
1)… When we were born again we received Holy Spirit (Rom 8:9-10)
- One baptism, many fillings.
2)… The Holy Spirit is a Person (See attached)
- Please don’t try read all the scriptures. (Rather let those who are interested to study further, download notes off website).
3)… The Holy Spirit is God’s Spirit
- This is the greatest Gift Father could give his children– Himself!
4)… We can’t give away what we don’t have
- We need our own personal revelation of Father, Jesus and Holy Spirit before we can ‘pass-it-on’ to others.
- Read and note the key words in the following passages:
- John 7: 37 Streams of Living Water:
- Thirst, come, drink, believe
- Lk 11:9-13 Father gives good gifts to those who ask:
- His Spirit
Are you thirsty and asking for more of what Father has for you?
Ask God to give you a heart that can humbly and gratefully receive the most awesome gift He has to give His children!
- Pray for each other
- Pray for the people you are trusting to get born-again this year
- Pray for the opportunity to share this wonderful gift with other believers
Holy Spirit has the qualities of a Person; He’s not just a power or influence
- Intelligence Rom 8:27
- Will 1 Co 12:11
- Knowledge 1 Co 2:11
- Affection Rom 5:5; 15:30
- Spoke Act 8:29
- Commands Act 11:12
- Calls Act 13:2
- Sends Act 13:4
- Restrains Act 16:6
- Invites Rev 22:17
- Strives Gen 6:3
- Speaks Rev 2:7,11
- Can be blasphemed Mat 12:31
- Can be grieved Ep 4:30
- Can be quenched 1 Thes 5:19
- Can be lied to Act 5:3
- Can be insulted Heb 10:29
- Can be resisted Act 7:51
- Can be tested Act 5:9
Attributes of Deity:
- All knowing Is 40:13; 1 Co 2:10-11
- All Present Ps 139:7-8; Jn 14:17
- All Powerful Ps 104:30; Zec 4:6
- Eternal Heb 9:14
- Holy Rom 1:4
Scripture speaks interchangeably of God and the Holy Spirit (see, Jer 31: 31 / Heb 10:15; Isaiah 6: 8-9 /Act 28:25)