You tube clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9K7fueW4Bk (2min 47secs)
Nature of the attack
Read Ephesians 6:11-12 (NIV)
First and foremost, you need to understand that when you come under attack that it is spiritual in source and nature. Many times, we are tempted to look at the circumstances or people and view them as the enemy. They may be tools of the enemy but the enemy is spiritual in nature, not physical.
Who is our enemy?
The Bible tells us some things about our enemy:
- John 10:10 – Thief
· Ephesians 6:11-12 (NIV) – 11 the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
· 1 Peter 5:7-10 (NIV) – Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
- Rev 12:10 -For the accuser of our brothers and sisters, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down.
- Ephesians 2:2 Devil – the commander of the powers of the unseen world.
- Some of his weapons include -deception, guilt, shame, condemnation
- Some evil spirits – spirits of infirmity (by His stripes we were healed), spirit of poverty (Though He was rich, yet for my sake He became poor so that I through His poverty may be rich), spirit of heaviness (put on a garment of praise)
God has predestined us for success through what Jesus did – therefore empowering us to pray with Authority
Read the first 2 chapters of Ephesians and see below some of the truths about your Identity.
- To the Saints and Faithful in Christ (vs 1)
- Equipped through Christ with EVERY spiritual blessing (vs 3).
- Chosen in Him before the foundations of the world (vs 3)
- Regarded as ‘Holy and Blameless before Him (vs 4)
- Adopted through the “kind intention of His will” (vs 5)
- Redeemed and forgiven “lavished” with grace (vs 7-8)
- Recipients of a glorious inheritance in heaven (vs 11)
- Secured forever by “the Holy Spirit of promise” (vs 13-14)
Ephesians 1:15- Goes into a prayer: –
- Praying that we would receive a “spirit of wisdom” from the Father (vs 17)
- Be enlightened to grasp the “hope His calling”
- Recognise the riches of the “glory of His inheritance” (vs 18)
- Know the “surpassing greatness of His power towards us” (vs 19)
- Realise we are “seated with Him in heavenly places” (vs 20)
- And even though we were “dead” He has given us life (vs 2:5)
- Seated with Christ in the Heavenly realms (2:6)
This list goes on and on about who we are when we believe we are united in Christ.
The TRUTH shall set you free!
- This is written proof of what God has already done in us, what He has created us and called us and empowered us into becoming – we co-operate with Him when we stamp these truths repeatedly into our hearts. Then we access them and speak them over our lives when the enemy comes at us through everyday experiences.
- We need to pray to keep the truth about our real identity in constant, unbroken focus before us.
- Through the eyes of Truth (Jesus said I am the Way the Truth and the Life – John 14-6) – not through human standards
- Know the truth and the truth shall set you free – John 8:31-32.
- True worshippers worship in Spirit and in Truth – John 4:23-24.
- One of the pieces of spiritual armour centres on this issue of Truth. – The Belt of TRUTH.
- Truth- Gods standard and viewpoint about us must come first in our hearts and minds if we want to be effective in battle against the enemy.
- We are Ambassadors of Heaven – 2 Cor 5:16-21
Use Spiritual Weapons against the Attack
- 2 Cor. 10:3-6
- We need to understand that the weapons of our warfare are not physical but spiritual.
- These weapons are prayer (includes worship; praise and tongues), fasting, and the word of God.
- 1 Cor 14:18 Paul said I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you.
· God’s word is sharper than a 2-edged sword Hebrews 4:12 New King James Version (NKJV)
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
- You need to understand that the enemy of our souls has an intense hatred for anyone that will follow Jesus wholeheartedly. He will not just lay over like a beat dog and expose his neck at the first sign of battle. He goes around as a roaring lion not a whipped puppy. (1 Peter 5:8) He is looking to devour you.
- “Time in His presence is the key to a victorious life – make some time each day – get some coffee / tea / find a quiet place and spend some time in your Daddy’s presence and let Him transform your life and ensure you are ready to be flooded by His goodness today!
KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE!